Can you explain a little bit more of what you are looking for?
Your client is looking to create a whitepaper or promotional piece about some of the results they have had with their cybersecurity program/product for example. Is this what you mean?
One of the things you can do is use Infographic templates for inspiration. You want to create a one page promotional document that showcases the results.
Here are some questions you can ask to help extract and build the information for the case study. These are questions that can be used to create a testimonial or endorsement. But they are a great starting point for you to create a case study.
This technique came from Sean at Psychotactics - you can read more about how this method of testimonial gathering works here. He has a list there, but I’ve adjusted them as I’ve found other questions that I think work really well.
Here are the questions:
- What was the problem you had before [hiring us, buying our product, etc.]?
- What’s the frustration of trying to do it yourself?
- What was the obstacle that would have prevented you from buying our [product/service]?
- What was the moment you felt like it was “working”?
- What specific feature did you like about this [product/service]?
- Would you recommend this [product/service] to others? Why?
- Is there anything you would like to add? More detail is better!
The largest part to focus on here is the transformational story - feeling the pain and sharing the triumph. The emotion of how much happier/more productive/wealthier your product or service has made them.
You absolutely should adjust these questions or add more based on the actual objections your clients have. For example, if I had a product that was more expensive than my competitors, price would be a common objection. So I would include “Did you think our product was too expensive? What did you think after using it?” – that way we’re effectively crafting our testimonials by asking the right questions. Now, potential new customers will have the social proof of realizing that the product is worth it, even though it’s more expensive.
Hope this helps, let me know if I did not answer your question correctly.